-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Combine the following in a small bowl:
3 1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
- In the mixer, beat until creamy:
1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar (the only granulated sugar that I had was vanilla sugar)
3/4 cup of brown sugar, packed into measuring cup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add 2 large eggs into the mixer one at a time, making sure the first is well-mixed before adding the next.
- Gradually, add the flour mixture into the mix. If you add too quickly, you get a big "pooof!" of flour flying up.
- Stir in 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon the dough onto greased baking sheets, being sure to leave space between cookies for expansion. I know some people like to use a small ice cream scoop to put the dough onto the cookie sheet so that they're more uniform, but I really like using a spoon and scraping the dough off with my finger. For whatever reason, it makes me feel like they're more homemade.
- Once they're on the sheet, slide them in the preheated oven and let them bake for 9-11 minutes or until they're golden brown. Let them cool completely on wire racks ...... or eat them warm .... whatever!!